Thursday, October 21, 2021

52Ancestors52Weeks Week 39 Theme: Steps.......Margaret and Claire Hansen on the Steps Eating Cheerioats




      The theme for this week is Steps....I have so many photographs of family members having their pictures taken on steps!  School pictures, sports team pictures, going off to war pictures.  Just posing for a picture pictures.  Pictures on steps seems to be a theme for my ancestors. For this week's theme, I chose to share one of my most cherished photographs.  This one could have been lost forever in the Hansen house fire of 1950 (see my previous post "Fire!" published March 18, 2020).  And yet, here it is!


Margaret Hansen is sitting next to her little sister Claire (who is generously sharing her Cheerioats) on the porch steps. It must have been a warm morning or afternoon in Grass Valley.  This has to be one of my all time favorite pictures of my Mom and my Auntie Claire.  It is still charred, sooty and brittle from the fire but captures such a sweet moment between sisters.  The Cheerioats are fun, too! This picture was probably taken around 1945.  I am so thankful I was able to digitize it and preserve it in a safe place for future generations of our family.  It has been a labor of love to continue the genealogy work my Auntie Claire started many years ago. 

  


Relationship Reference:  Me-Margaret Hansen Boothby->Harold and Margaret Elizabeth (Betty) Hayes Hansen.  Lavinia Claire Hansen Clark is Margaret's younger sister. 




No comments:

Post a Comment